Last revised: May 2018
Scalr, as a data controller, collects and processes personal data relating to interactions with our Website and you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will use your personal data only for the purposes and in the manner set forth below, which describes the steps we take to ensure our processing of your personal data is in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and legislation (Data Protection Legislation).
YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT – PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA WHERE THAT PROCESSING IS CARRIED OUT FOR OUR LEGITIMATE INTEREST.
Please read the following carefully to understand our use of your personal data.
- What Type of Personal Data Do We Collect about You?
When you visit or use our Website in any way, we collect and process different types of information about you:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, and title.
- Contact Data includes email address, telephone numbers, and company information.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
Unless you are purchasing our product, the provision of your personal data is not a statutory or contractual requirement and you may refuse to disclose same. You can choose not to provide this information; however, you might not be able to gain access to our information.
- Links to Other Websites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of those third-party websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those practices. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
- No Information from Children Under Age 16
This Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. If you are under the age of 16, please do not attempt to register with us at this Website or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete that information.
- How Do We Use the Information We Gather?
We will only use your personal data for the purposes and legal bases set out in the table below:
|Purpose(s) for Processing||Legal Basis for Processing|
|• To provide you with information about Scalr and our products and provide newsletters or email updates to you;|
• To notify you about webinars, events, and news that may be of interest to you.
• To understand the flow of traffic on our website and to provide a better website experience and to understand the needs of our customers.
|Your consent – which you can withdraw at any time.|
|• To manage and operate our website – to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy and monitoring how you use our Website.|
• To provide you with general information on the Website and to provide you with our products and services.
• To measure your interest in and improve our products, services, and the Website.
• To provide you with information, products that you request from us.
• To ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website when you choose to do so.
• To record and support your participation in the activities you select.
• To notify you about any changes to the Website, policies, products, and services.
• To display more meaningful and relevant advertisements to you on the Website.
|The processing is necessary to support our legitimate business interests in managing our business provided such interests are not overridden by your interests and rights. We have carried out a balancing test to ensure that your interests do not override this legitimate business interest of ours. For more information on this balancing test carried out by Scalr please contact email@example.com. Please note that you have a right to object to the processing of your personal data where that processing is carried on for our legitimate interest.|
You have the right to object at any time.
|• For the prevention and detection of fraud, money laundering or other crimes or for the purpose of responding to a binding request from a public authority or court.||The processing is necessary to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.|
In addition to the purpose for which you submitted your personal data, you may also be given the option (through a check box or otherwise) to have your personal data used for an activity different from the primary activity that you are requesting.
- Do We Share Your Personal Information with Third Parties, such as Affiliates, Service Providers or Consultants?
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group from time to time to provide you with the services or products requested.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties who provide a service to us, including:
- Providers of online marketing efforts;
• Providers of cloud-based CRM software;
• Providers of cloud-based marketing software in relation to prospective customer information management;
• Providers who collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of the Website, such as surveys.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order, or in order to enforce, establish, exercise or defend legal rights, the rights, property, or safety of you, us, our group, or employees;
• To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; and
• To protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Scalr, our employees, our users, customers, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Is Your User Data Secure?
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We have implemented strict internal guidelines to ensure that your privacy is safeguarded at every level of our organization. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. Once we receive your personal data, we use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure.
- How Long Do We Store Your Data?
We store your personal data during the time that you are a customer or end user of Scalr for purposes of providing you the services, and for up to seven years after you cease to be a customer or end-user. If you have never been a customer or registered end-user of Scalr but have consented to receive marketing inquiries or other information from Scalr, we may store your data for up to seven years. We reserve the right to store or delete your personal data earlier or later than set forth herein if required to do so by an applicable law or regulation, including the GDPR and for the exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Where We Store Your Personal Data
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA), for the purposes described above, including to countries such as the United States of America, which may not provide an adequate level of protection in relation to processing your data. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy and the Data Protection Legislation.
- Your Rights
Scalr is committed to ensuring that you have control and visibility to your personal data. Below is a summary of your rights and additional commitments from Scalr. You may exercise your rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any information you have provided to us is accurate and up-to-date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, please send us an email entitled ‘CHANGE OF DETAILS’ to email@example.com.
Right of Access
You can request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
Right to Erasure (‘Right to be Forgotten’)
You have the right to request that your personal data be deleted in certain circumstances including:
• The personal data are no longer needed for the purpose for which they were collected;
• You withdraw your consent (where the processing was based on consent);
• You object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds justifying us processing the personal data (see Right to Object below);
• The personal data have been unlawfully processed; or
• To comply with a legal obligation.
However, this right does not apply where, for example, the processing is necessary:
• To comply with a legal obligation; or
• For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Right to Restriction of Processing
You can ask that we restrict your personal data (i.e., keep but not use) where:
• The accuracy of the personal data is contested;
• The processing is unlawful but you do not want it erased;
• We no longer need the personal data but you require it for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
• You have objected to the processing and verification as to our overriding legitimate grounds is pending.
We can continue to use your personal data:
• Where we have your consent to do so;
• For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
• To protect the rights of another; or
• For reasons of important public interest.
Right to Data Portability
Where you have provided personal data to us, you have a right to receive such personal data back in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format, and to have those data transmitted to a third-party data controller without hindrance but in each case only where:
• The processing is carried out by automated means; and
• The processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with you.
Right to Object
You have a right to object to the processing of your personal data in those cases where we are processing your personal data in reliance on our legitimate interests. In such a case we will stop processing your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate interests which override your interests and you have a right to request information on the balancing test we have carried out. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you do not want to receive newsletters, announcements, or other communications and/or services from the Scalr, please do not opt-in for those communications or services at the time of registration. If you have opted-in and, later, wish to opt-out, please unsubscribe by sending us an email entitled “UNSUBSCRIBE” to Scalr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Along with every email communication sent to you, we provide you the opportunity to discontinue receiving future communications (i.e., unsubscribe). Simply follow the unsubscribe process or directions provided at the bottom of the email.
Right to Complain
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority, in the State of your residence, place of work or place of an alleged infringement, if you are unhappy with how we are processing your personal data.
We will respond to your request in writing, or orally if requested, as soon as practicable and in any event not more than one month after receipt of your request. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, considering the complexity and number of requests. We will inform you of any such extension within one month of receipt of your request. We may request proof of identification to verify your request. All requests should be addressed to email@example.com.
Cookies are small data files that are stored in your web browser on your computer, tablet or smartphone (each a “Device”) when you visit a website. Cookies serve many purposes like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, interests or log in details, and generally improving your experience.
|Categories of Use||Description|
|First Party||Cookies can tell us which language you prefer and what your communication preferences are. They can help you fill out forms on Scalr.com more easily. These are set by us when you visit our website. The information is only visible to our domain and analyzed by our in-house team.|
|Analytics and Research||These cookies help us learn how well our Website performs in different locations, on different devices, and at different times of the day. Along with what pages you are going to on our Website and how long you stay there.|
|Type||Purpose||Who Provides the Cookie?||Settings and Opt-out|
|Optional||Advertising and Social Media||https://twitter.com/personalization|
|Optional||Advertising and Social Media||https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/advertising/actions-that-showed-interest|
|Optional||Advertising and Social Media||https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/?entry_product=ad_settings_screen|
MANAGING AND DISABLING COOKIES
For instructions on blocking and deleting cookies, see the privacy and help documentation of your specific browser’s website. If you use more Devices and/or browsers you will need to disable cookies on each Device and on each browser separately. Here are the locations of the cookie settings for all major web browsers:
- Internet Explorer – Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab.
- Mozilla Firefox – Tools > Options > Privacy menu.
- Safari Users – Edit > Preferences > Privacy menu.
- Chrome Users – Settings > Content Settings > Privacy > Cookies.
If you limit the ability of our websites to set cookies, this may prevent you from using certain features of our Website properly and your user experience – which will no longer be personalized for you – may deteriorate. You may also be able to opt-out from certain cookies through third-party cookie management sites. Disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain parts of our Website. If you delete your cookies from the browser, you may need to remember to re-install opt-out cookies.
- Do We Use Your Information for Advertising Purposes?
We may place cookies on partner websites to advertise our brands and/or services. These cookies are mainly used to display content tailored to your interests and to evaluate our content (including advertising). Our cookies are also used by third party sites to provide advertising that is relevant. This relevance is based on a profile-built form your previous visits to our Website, including the pages you have visited.
We belong to ad networks that may use your browsing history across participating websites to show you interest-based advertisements on those websites. For example, cookies can be used in the selection of the advertisements that appear on a Google search results page, or at a website in the Google Display Network (that is, ad content might be based on which pages you viewed during past visits to the Scalr website). You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you on their Ads Settings page. You can opt out of interest-based advertising by changing cookie settings in your browser or by using a browser plugin. We do not control cookies used by these advertising networks.
- Changes to Our Privacy and Cookies Policy
We reserve the right to change this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time at our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will post those changes here and update the “Last revised” date at the top of this Privacy and Cookies Policy. Where you have previously consented to our use of your personal data, your continued use of the website after we make changes are deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Privacy and Cookies Policy periodically for updates. If we consider the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of privacy and cookies policy changes). We will also keep prior versions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy in an archive for your review.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments, requests, and complaints regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy and the information we hold, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org